Friday, June 18, 2010

Midnight snack!



I sometimes stay up past my bedtime, lingering barefoot on the creaky old wooden floors of my apartment, between the windows and the walls, where the moonlight casts shadows; and I stay there alone and completely satisfied; satisfied just to give myself over to MUSIC, ...knock your head off your shoulders, heartbreakingly good music:) I have always been willing to sacrifice sleep for quality music listening opportunities, even if it is music I have listened to a thousand times. Those timeless goodies, mmm hmm! Music fits nicely in the high priority category of my reason d'etre. It fuels me in so so many ways.

I once tried to explain my experience of music to someone who witnessed me in an a moment of a blissful and passionate expression of gratitude for damn good music. I described is as something like this... When a song reaches me it, it penetrates every part of my being; it has my liver singing hallelujah, it has my kidneys whispering amen, it has my finger nails wailing wooohoooo. It takes a hold of me, all of me, and it does not let me go until it has transformed me into something new.

Here's a little midnight snack, one of my favorites...

No comments:

Post a Comment